Simple physical improvements can reduce the vulnerability of your business
Contact GETBA on 09 273 6274, or email us to receive a free laminated hanger summarising CPTED solutions.
- Minimise access points and eliminate escape routes
- Keep outside environments clear of overgrown foliage and rubbish
- Make sure access points to your business are manned and monitored.
- Well-lit and cared for premises discourage covert activity.
- Use active security measures such as alarms and CCTV
- Remove graffiti immediately after it appears (report to 301 0101, 24 hrs)
- Clear lines of sight: see and be seen - keep windows clear of posters etc
Don't advertise your business to burglars!
Let's make it as hard as possible for burglars to gain entry.
Doors - choose solid construction, preferably with no windows & locked
Locks - choose good quality locks to make it harder to gain entry
Windows - close and lock all windows before you leave your premises
Roof - limit access by securing ladders, bins, crates etc
Lighting - leave lights on when you're not there
Entrances/driveways - lock your gate and premises
Alarm - alarm all points of entry and install signs to show you have an operating alarm
Serial numbers - keep a complete list of business equipment and record all serial numbers
Keys and alarm codes - limit access to keys, the safe, computerised records and alarm codes
Safes - do not keep large amounts of money outside business hours; safes should be secured to the floor and not visible from the outside
> For more prevention and safety tips check out our security resources page.