Transport Operations Manager
Listed 10 May 2020
TRANSFREIGHT , founded in 1989, has focused its business activities providing the Auckland Metro business community with a fast and efficient general freight delivery service. We pride ourselves in providing a paperless operation with GPS tracking, sign on glass technology and online booking systems. As a result we require a Senior Manager to lead our Operations team and assist in the future development strategies for our Company. Our forward focus within the current financial year is to develop our "Golden Triangle" service as well as expanding our services to include a stand alone 3PL operation.
About you :
- The culture of the business is a huge area of development therefore we need an operational leader who will enthuse, motivate and be a real inspriation to the team
- Not only are you a leader you will be hands on in all areas with a firm but fair approach.
Skills & Expertise:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role
- Oversee the day to day operations of the business, both local and regional
- Develop and implement transportation policies, procedures, and programs
- Develop transportation program data & metrics that support decision making, and drive participation
- Develop and manage budgets and program expense management
- Solicit ongoing feedback from customers to understand, develop, and align goals
- Interface with external stakeholders, e.g., NZTA, MPI, Assure Quality etc., on transportation strategy, regulatory compliance and policy development.
- Ensure vehicles are maintained as per the manufacturers service requirements
- Develop and implement Health & Safety policies along side of our H&S/Compliance Manager for Transfreight's operations while ensuring all drivers are aware of induction requirements and H&S policies of our customers.
- Review and approve monthly invoices
- Develop and maintain vendor performance metrics and analysis
- Manage vendors and service providers as required to ensure excellent service delivery and cost efficiencies
- Evaluate new vendor services as needed for improving service offerings, delivery excellence, and cost effectiveness
- Human Resource experience
- Project management experience
- Advanced computer skills, e.g., Excel, Word, Outlook and ability learn programs quickly. Transfreight uses a transport management software called ICOS Live.
Click the link below to apply: