Mechanical Design Engineer, Intermediate
Listed 05 May 2020
Technopak specialise in the design, manufacture and installation of Packaging Machinery and associated equipment for the worldwide Dairy Industry.
As a Design Engineer you will be creating design models from concept through to accurate manufacturing drawings, which will be put into production. This will involve component design through to complete machines. You will be involved in providing the costing and helping with assembly and build instructions. You will be managing the system layout from the sales phase through to client approval, therefore need to be able to relate well to members of the the project team and will have direct contact with the client.
You will be supported by a strong team and have the satisfaction of seeing your plans and designs get built and put into production, working in world class sites around the world.
Ideally you will have worked in designing equipment for dairy or high hygiene applications, but as minimum you will have machine design experience using CAD.
- Apply sound knowledge and engineering principals to all designs
- Proactive communication with all project stakeholders
- Have the ability to work as part of a team or individually
- The commitment to acheive or exceed deadlines
- A sound understanding of working within engineering standards
- Maintain good knowledge of material properties and material suppliers
- High attention to detail
- Ability to visualize multidimensional designs
- Ability to validate your designs via hand calculations
- Ability to specify technical solutions as per applications requirements
You will be
- Producing sales and engineered layouts to client specifications
- Designing with the assistance of our Engineering team team, machines and technical components focused around continuous product improvement
- Developing and maintaining detailed assemblies within a PDM vault environment
- Assisting with machine manuals, SOP's and parts drawings
You may at times be required to travel.
You will need to have NZ residency.
To apply click the link below: