Inwards Goods / Counter Sales
Listed 29 Jul 2020
Ideal Electrical Suppliers is part of the global Rexel SA Group, the world's largest distributor of electrical, lighting and datacom products. With premium Ideal outlets across New Zealand and a reputation for customer service that goes the extra mile, we provide total electrical, datacom and lighting solutions to customers in the industrial, commercial and residential sectors.
This role is crucial as you will be the initial contact for many of our customers over the phone and in person, combining responsibilities from both Inwards goods and Counter Sales roles to provide you with a variety of skills and experience.
Since your time is shared across 2 roles, our preferred candidate likes a challenge, is a team player, has strong attention to detail and a clean driver’s licence to support their application. Although previous experience in Inwards Goods or Customer Service is an advantage – our team is more focussed on finding the right person to support us in getting the basics not only done right – but also done exceptionally well.
Initially, you’ll mostly learn our Inwards Goods process but in time you will progress to understanding the Counter Sales function, learning to manage your time and your tasks effectively.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Receiving, unpacking and inspecting incoming goods in a timely manner
- Delivering items to customers on time, providing accurate paperwork with goods
- General administration of all stock data and records, and merchandising duties
- Serving customers over the counter, phone and email re: sales orders & enquiries
- Picking goods and collection of cash/payment from counter customers
- Supporting the maintenance of branch standards (stock, cleanliness, shelves etc.)