Fitter - Machine Assembly
Listed 07 Sep 2020
About the company:
Tandarra Engineering has specialised in the manufacture of custom built machinery for the Rollforming industry since 1982 and is regarded as an industry leader, both domestically and abroad. Designed inhouse, our turn key production lines handle the entire manufacturing process including feeding of raw material, Rollforming into a nominated shape and the stacking of finished product. The majority of component manufacture and machine assembly takes place in our East Tamaki factory with the help of local suppliers and sub-trades.
The successful candidate will be required to work in conjunction with the design team providing feedback and / or recommendations, particularly with regard to R&D components.
Once completed, you will travel with the machine to its destination (when required) for the purpose of installation and operator training.
Ideal candidates will therefore have the following skills / experience;
- Trade qualified Fitter / Turner or similar preferred
- Experience in mechanical fitting / assembly role within the past 3 years
- Strong workmanship in fabrication, welding and machining
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to problem solve
- Experience with hydraulics and/or pneumatics
- Good record keeping and attention to detail
- Excellent attitude to Health & Safety
- Flexibility to travel domestically and internationally as required (for installation purposes)
- Minimum 2 years roll-forming experience required
If you are looking for a challenging role with an established NZ owned manufacturing company, then please send a CV outlining your qualifications and recent experience to firstname.lastname@example.org