17 Aug 2020
Mental Health First Aid 17 August
This 4.25 hour training course gives you the skills and knowledge to recognise and respond to someone experiencing mental health concerns. As 1 in 6 New Zealand adults experience a mental illness in their lifetime, chances are someone you know or care about may need help. How you respond may determine how quickly a friend, work colleague or loved gets the help they need.
Recognise and provide mental health first aid including how to:
- Identify the early signs of a mental health problem
- Get a basic understanding of the relationship between mental health and mental disorders
- Identify mental health crises
- Identify strategies for managing a mental health crisis safely
- Follow the ‘Listen to your HEAD’ action plan
- Identify help agencies and where to get immediate assistance
- Understand debriefing strategies for self-care
NB: These courses are reserved for GETBA members only.
Refund policy: GETBA offers a full refund if the booking is cancelled in writing at least 48 hours before the event. If the cancellation is received after this deadline a refund will not be offered. GETBA reserves the right to cancel an event due to low enrolment or other exceptional circumstances. In such circumstances, all participants will be offered a full refund. If an event is postponed, GETBA reserves the right to either transfer registration to a new event or issue a full refund.