Customer Service Technician
Listed 16 Oct 2020
Target Furniture is a Kiwi owned furniture retailer that has been in business for over 28 years. We have a rich history and an incredible plan for our future to stay relevant and competitive. We have grown to seven branches nationwide. Our stores and staff are constantly evolving as we pursue our vision of “delivering the best furniture shopping experience in New Zealand.”
As this is a key focus of the role, you will need to be confident taking ownership of any customer issues and following problems through to completion.
You will need to:
- Communicate with customers and complete in-house visits to evaluate damages or faults
- Select an appropriate course of action - repair, replace, credit or in some cases, decline. Then be able to communicate reasoning to customers
- Maintain inventory within the repair department and order supplies required to perform daily tasks.
- Carry out repairs to furniture in accordance to Target Furniture standards
What you bring to the Target Table:
- Minimum 2 years working with wood and upholstery
- Some experience in sales advantageous
- Strong attention to detail and excellent time management and organisational skills
- A good knowledge of the Consumer Guarantee Act
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Customer Service software
Target Furniture offers an inclusive, supportive and fun environment with great opportunities. We have free car parking, free annual flu shot, table tennis table and generous staff discounts on our furniture as well as ongoing career opportunities and full training provided.