First on the Scene
A customer or one of your staff needs urgent medical assistance - you are the first and possibly the only person there to help.
You've rung 111 and The St John Ambulance is on its way.
Would you know what to do next?
What you do in the next 4 - 12 minutes before the St John Ambulance arrives could save that person's life.
You will be shown how to deal with the most common situations you are likely to encounter in the workplace environment. The aim of this 2 hour workshop is to up-skill staff to complement or assist fully trained first aiders.
- Adult CPR, (including a demonstration on an AED defibrillator unit)
- Managing an unconscious patient (who does not require CPR)
- Best positioning, airway management, environment such as warmth
- Managing a conscious patient, (who is feeling faint, having difficulty breathing, etc)
- Dealing with strains, fractures or broken bones due to a slip or fall
- Dealing with life threatening bleeding
VENUE: GETBA Boardroom, Level 1, 1 Sir William Avenue, East Tamaki (on street parking available)
TIME: 8.30 - 10.30am
PRICE: $45 +GST
NB Spaces are limited - The course will be repeated if demand exceeds available places.
> 26 October - FULLY SUBSCRIBED.
> 09 November - FULLY SUBSCRIBED
> 29 November - Register here
First Aid - Level 1, Thursday 16 November
This basic one day first aid course is the Worksafe New Zealand minimum qualification requirement for a workplace first aider, and can also be used as a refresher for your qualified first aiders. Includes NZQA unit standards 6401 and 6402.
- Scene assessment
- Chest pain eg heart attack
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue injury
- How to use an AED (defibrillator)
VENUE: Waipuna Conference Suites Highbrook, The Crossing (cnr Highbrook Drive and Business Parade South).
PRICE: $95 + GST(normally $169)
NB Spaces are limited
Note: These events are reserved for GETBA members only.
Refund policy: GETBA offers a full refund if the booking is cancelled in writing at least 48 hours before the event. If the cancellation is received after this deadline a refund will not be offered.